[Mansa-l] Heading to SA

Cherif Keita ckeita at carleton.edu
Mar 25 Avr 17:52:31 CDT 2017

Greetings to All,
I am heading to Johannesburg today as a guest of the South African government for the celebration of Democracy Day(April 27 and the National Order Awards Ceremony(April 28), during which Mrs Nokutela Mdima Dube, the forgotten heroine whose story I have exhumed along with other previously overlooked pioneers, is going to receive the Gold medal of the Order of the Baobab, exactly 100 years after her death. It is a humbling honor for me to see academic research change the national narrative about history in South Africa.
Best,
Cherif Keita

Sent from my iPhone