[Mansa-l] translation of "marigot"

Toungara, Jeanne Maddox jtoungara at Howard.edu
Mon Mar 16 09:18:59 CDT 2015

I would consider the word "pond" in some circumstances.
Jeanne Toungara

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 16, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Martin Klein <martin.klein at utoronto.ca<mailto:martin.klein at utoronto.ca>> wrote:

I think that creek would probably be the best villages. Brook maybe, but the marigots on the Senegal River were large enough for marigotiers in pirogues to mount them and trade in creek-side villages.

Marty Klein