[Mansa-l] Invitation for Dr Ibrahim AG Youssouf

Robin E Poulton repoulton at vcu.edu
Fri Mar 14 09:47:00 CDT 2014

14mar14.doc

MANSA Prof Barbara Hoffman

barbara.hoffman at yahoo.com

Mansa-l at groups.txstate.edu

Department of Anthropology

Cleveland State University

2300 Chester Avenue

Cleveland OH  44115-3696

Dear Barbara

greetings !

I have just registered for the ASA 2014 meeting
  *57th Annual Meeting of the African Studies Association*

*RETHINKING VIOLENCE, RECONSTRUCTION, AND RECONCILIATION*
November 20-23, 2014
JW Marriott Indianapolis Hotel

*DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: MARCH 15, 2014*

 And I have proposed a paper that I hope deliver together with  Dr Ibrahim
Ag Youssouf of EPES Mandala Consulting, Interpeace and (formerly) Indiana
University

his address is:
 intiddas1957114 at gmail.com

Ibrahim would need th support of an invitation from MANSA so as to be able
to request a US visa.

It would be most kind of you to oblige him with an invitation.

This is the abstract of our paper:

*Democracy in Mali and War in the Sahara*

The Mali crisis provoked by the coup d'état of March 2012, brought the
collapse of the Malian state and an invasion by the French army. Where are
we now in 2014, one year after the elections of President Ibrahim Boubacar
Keita, and what are the prospects for peace?  What mechanisms can we
identify within Mali's social capital and within its social economy, that
can help the country build a peace economy and avert another round of civil
war in the year 2030?

Thank you so much !

With kind regards

REP

Robin Edward Poulton rpoulton at comcast.net

Co-Chair, 2013 VCU Conference on Women War and Peace in Mali
www.vcupeace.net

Chevalier de l'Ordre national du Mali

Vice-President, Virginia Friends of MALI http://VaFriendsofMali.org

Research Professor in French West African Studies (affiliate), School of
World Studies, Virginia Commonwealth University
http://www.has.vcu.edu/wld/faculty/poulton.html

Senior Fellow, UNIDIR Geneva

            United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research www.unidir.org