[Mansa-l] Cultures of Resistance Scholarships for Masters students at SOAS: available in 2014-15 and 2015-16

Marie Rodet mrodet at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:06:42 CST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: João Silva <js75 at soas.ac.uk>

Date: 3 March 2014 15:39
Subject: Cultures of Resistance Scholarships for Masters students at SOAS: available in 2014-15 and 2015-16

Dear all,
Please click here to view more information about the Cultures of Resistance Scholarships: a wonderful opportunity at SOAS available to Masters students from a number of different countries and territories.

These scholarships have been set up to benefit communities that have (for the most part) suffered at the hands of military conflict, occupation and suppression of their rights. Over the next two academic years, two Masters students from those communities will receive funding to study at SOAS, in the expectation that they return home at the end of their degrees ready to make a meaningful contribution towards the improvement of their societies.

If you are receiving this email, that is because part of your research expertise touches on at least one of the countries/territories whose students are eligible for these scholarships. If, through your academic and personal contacts you know anyone who might be interested in such an opportunity, please let them know and encourage them to apply. Word of mouth can be a very powerful and effective recruitment tool in these circumstances.

Candidates have until the 20th to submit their completed applications for the 2014-15 scholarships, though this opportunity will also be open in the 2015-16 academic year.
Apologies to those of you whom I have already written and spoken to about this, and for whom this email will be a bit repetitive.

I hope this comes as welcome news. Please refer to the Scholarships Office (scholarships at soas.ac.uk) if you have any questions at all about the application process, or ask me if you would like to find out more about the Cultures of Resistance Network or our US sister-organisation, the American Friends of SOAS (AFSOAS) - the sponsors behind this initiative.

With best wishes,
João
--
João Silva
Development Officer

Russell Square, London WC1H 0XGTel: +44 (0) 20 7898 4137  j.silva at soas.ac.uk   www.soas.ac.uk

The world's leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Follow us:

--
Dr Marie Rodet
Lecturer in the History of Africa