[Mansa-l] Musofadi

David Conrad basitigi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 9 19:56:24 CST 2010

Ralph is correct, Ariane Deluz participated in the MANSA founders
meeting at Madison, Wisconsin in 1986.
She was one of our steadiest members through the years, attending many
of our annual meetings at ASA (despite having to come from Europe),
and nearly all of our international conferences, always making
significant contributions. She was also co-editor of our journal Mande
Studies.

Ariane was one of our most respected and accomplished scholars,
returning regularly to her research villages and spending extended
periods of time there. Each of us who were fortunate to experience her
friendship and kind heartedness over the years will retain our own
fond memories of this genuine musofadi who has moved on to lahara.

Ala ka hiná la
Ala ka mèlèkè nyuman sig’a kunna
Ala ka dayòrò sumaya
Ala ka tinyè sum’a kòrò