[Mansa-l] Guinean Fulbrighter

David Conrad basitigi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 5 11:59:40 CST 2010

MANSAdenw:

Do we have a member, or does anybody know someone in Des Moines or
Ames, Iowa who could meet a Guinean Fulbrighter at the Des Moines
airport on Thursday evening?

The Fulbrighter is Jules Kamara, who is Fred Lamp's main research
assistant in Guinea. Jules is the head of our group of research
assistants on the Baga D'mba project, and I don't think he's ever been
out of Guinea before, and will be arriving with no help from
Fulbright, & we'd like to ease his arrival if we can arrange it.

I'm pasting in the information from Professor Lamp:

Jules is leaving Conakry on Wednesday the 6th and will arrive in Des
Moines at 7 p.m. on Thursday the 7th.  He's flying directly from Paris
to Chicago, more or less being sent off on his own without a lot of
help, arriving at night in the middle of winter (he has to take a bus
from Des Moines to Ames where the University is), without much of a
clue of what to expect.  If anyone has a friend in Des Moines who
could help, it would sure be welcome.
Fred

Thanks in advance for any help, David