[Mansa-l] MANSA Newsletter 63

Warms, Richard L r.warms at txstate.edu
Thu Sep 11 08:39:27 CDT 2008

MANSAdenw,

The MANSA website has been more or less static for the last several years.  In my opinion, it’s time for a general redesign of the site.  I’d like to solicit your ideas for the features you would like on the site.  We have a good deal of space available to us so that is not a real limitation.  We are limited by a) my programming abilities, and b) security requirements of the Texas State servers that forbid certain kinds of interactivity.  But, there is a great deal we can do.  You may have noticed that I have recently made almost all back issues of our newsletter available on the site.  We have the ability to make conference papers and other materials available to all as well.

I am glad to provide links to home pages or to archives.  However, as we think about the website, please understand that the key problem is really providing an organization and structure that feels intuitive and allows people to find what they’re looking for.  You would never be able to find links to archives in a membership directory unless you already knew that the archive existed there under a particular name.  That’s great for long time members and insiders but not so good for anyone else.  If we wish to have archives on the site or links to archives we probably need a section of the site devoted to that function.

You can post your ideas for the website on the list if you think they are food for general discussion.  Otherwise, please send them directly to me at r.warms at txstate.edu<mailto:r.warms at txstate.edu>

Best regards,

Rich Warms