[Mansa-l] Fwd: proxy e-ballot draft

David Conrad basitigi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 19 16:55:17 CDT 2008

MANSAdenw:

The time has finally arrived for you to vote for MANSA leadership for
the next two years.

We are fortunate to have four very worthy candidates for the offices
of MANSA President and Vice-President, and I know we can all look
forward to sound leadership regardless of who takes up those
positions at the next MANSA meeting.

MANSA Secretary-Treasurer Laura Arntson has prepared a proxy e-ballot
in English; Paulo Farias has provided a version in Portuguese, and
Stephen Belcher one in French, and I want to express special thanks
to them for their work on the ballots.

I want to thank all the candidates for making themselves available
for MANSA leadership and their willingness to take on a lot of work
for the organization.

I want to thank all the present MANSA officers and present & past
board members who have participated in discussions during the last
several weeks.

I also want to thank all the MANSAdenw who have sent messages with
suggestions and comments regarding our efforts to figure out how to
carry out the election process that we have never before attempted.

Finally, I want to express our collective gratitude to Mary Jo
Arnoldi, Mohammed N'Daou, and Ralph Austen for agreeing to receive
the e-votes, print out copies, and take them to the MANSA meeting.

The English version of your ballot is just below and the Portuguese
and French versions are below that in attachments.
As stated on your ballot, the voting period begins on 20 October and
ends November 8.
The e-mail addresses to which your vote must be sent are also on the
ballot.

With warm regards to all, David