[Mansa-l] Lisbon paper & panel submissions

DAVID CONRAD basitigi@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:21:06 -0800 (PST)

--0-66272560-1201612866=:59568

MANSAdenw,
  I've been doing my best to reply to each of you individually, but I have a couple of submissions that I can't get to today, before I leave Conakry to go back up to the Baga villages. I just got back yesterday from my second trip to Timbuktu in three weeks, the Bure goldfields, and research near Kankan & have been away from the Yale project for nearly a month and am leaving in a few minutes.
  I just want to let you know that I've been checking e-mail regularly in cyber cafes (including the one across from the Jengereber Mosque where a weird professorial Englishman is imitating Rene Caillee by dressing like a Tuareg), and have received everybody's submissions.
  At this point no submissions are late as far as I'm concerned. Please just get your membership dues and submissions to Laura. Panel organizers, please check with your panelists to be sure new people understand the procedures (and have Laura's addresses) and get their checks sent in.
  Also, please everybody, be sure that the e-mail addresses of new members are sent to Richard Warms so he can add them to the list-serv & people can stay current with conference info.
  I realize you need information about Lisbon hotels, and am asking Jose and Eduardo to put it out directly on the list-serv as soon as they can.
  Because of extra things that came up, my arrival back home is pushed back to the third week in March, and I will be finalizing the program as soon as I get there.
  Best  to all, David