[Mansa-l] Martin's suggestions

David Skinner dskinner at scu.edu
Thu Dec 4 16:58:45 CST 2008

Dear Comrades,

I strongly support Martin Klein's suggestions.  The automatic succession of a vice president to the presidency is quite normal for academic organizations.  It allows for more efficient use of expertise and better continuity.  His remarks about the division of MANSA into constituent groups are also important, and these concerns have been expressed by others.  I mentioned to David and a few other members in Lisbon that MANSA should be sponsoring panels at AEGIS, as other affiliated organizations have begun to do.  With respect to the division within MANSA perhaps we can address that problem when we revise our bylaws and create a more interactive structure for more effective communication and support.

Best regards,

David Skinner