[Mansa-l] regarding such messages like "URGENT REPLY"

Laura Arntson mansa_treas@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

--0-401833074-1152238624=:91623

Mansa members,

Please do NOT RESPOND to such requests as the following, or for that matter ANY requests (from your bank, credit card, or whatever) that ask you for information on your date of birth, bank account number, social security number, etc. These are illegal and are otherwise known as "fishing expeditions" in order to acquire information that will be used to empty your bank account or steal your identity. Your bank or credit card service would NEVER ask you for information through e-mail and even though it appears legitimate, it is not. There is a technique of writing a bogus address in the website address line and if you are able to look at the IP address, you'll find something that differs from the real IP address of your bank, credit card provider, or whatever. Unfortunately, our MANSA listserve and e-mail addresses receive a lot of these attempts to get you to respond to bogus pleas for assistance or receipt of inheritance, etc. JUST DELETE THEM.

-Laura

yousau kaita63 <yousau_kaita63@hotmail.com> wrote: From: "yousau kaita63" <yousau_kaita63@hotmail.com>
Subject: URGENT REPLY
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 08:47:54 +0000

 MR YOUSAU  KAITA
The Manager of Audit & Accountancy Dept.
BANK OF AFRICA (BOA).
Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso.

                         ( READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP SECRET)

Greeting, and how are you doing?I hope fine.Please let this my message do
not be a surprise to you because i got your information and lay trust in you
before i contacted you.I am the MANAGER OF AUDIT & ACCOUNTANCY DEPARTMENT of
our bank and i decided to contact you over this financial transaction worth
the sum of TWENTY TWO MILLION,THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS
($22,300,000.00).This is an abandoned fund that belongs to the one of our
bank foreign customers who died along with his completely family on 25th
July,2000 in a plane crash disaster.

I was very fortune to came acroos the deceased file when i was arranging the
old and abandoned customers files of 2003-2004 in other to submit to the
bank managements accordingly for documentation purposes.It is clearly stated
in our BANKING FOREIGN POLICY and signed lawfully that if such fund remains
unclaimed by the NEXT OF KIN till the period of SIX(6) years starting from
the date when the beneficiary died, the money will be transferred into the
BANK TREASURY as an unclaimed fund.Besides,it is not authorized by the law
guiding our bank for a citizen of BURKINA FASO to make the claim of the
fund.

So the request of you as a foreigner is necessary to apply for the claim and
transfer of the fund smoothly into your reliable bank account as the NEXT OF
KIN to the deceased.When the fund is transferred into your account,FOURTY
PERCENT(40%) will be for you in an assistance and in provision of the bank
account,while SIXTY PERCENT (60%) will be  for me. If you are really sure of
your integerity, trustworthy and confidentiality,reply with your contact
necessary for the transfer and call me as you  so that i will let you know
the steps to follow in order to finalize this transaction immediately.I will
be waiting for your urgent reply.
My regards to you and your family,

MR YOUSAU  KAITA

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1/min.
--0-401833074-1152238624=:91623

Mansa members,<br><br>Please do NOT RESPOND to such requests as the following, or for that matter ANY requests (from your bank, credit card, or whatever) that ask you for information on your date of birth, bank account number, social security number, etc. These are illegal and are otherwise known as "fishing expeditions" in order to acquire information that will be used to empty your bank account or steal your identity. Your bank or credit card service would NEVER ask you for information through e-mail and even though it appears legitimate, it is not. There is a technique of writing a bogus address in the website address line and if you are able to look at the IP address, you'll find something that differs from the real IP address of your bank, credit card provider, or whatever. Unfortunately, our MANSA listserve and e-mail addresses receive a lot of these attempts to get you to respond to bogus pleas for assistance or receipt of inheritance, etc. JUST DELETE
		<hr size=1>Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com"> Great rates starting at 1/min.
--0-401833074-1152238624=:91623--