[Mansa-l] Mande tales in English

Ingse Skattum ingse.skattum@ikos.uio.no
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:29:27 +0100

Hi,

I'm giving a course at the University of Oslo in "African oral
literature : theory and texts", in the spring term of 2006. I have so
far taught in French, but for the first time I will have students who
don't speak French. So I will have to base my course on English
translations. The texts will be Manding, and I had planned to use
Katrin Pfeiffer's Mandinka Spoken Art to illustrate the genre of
tales, but they tell me it's no longer available.

Do any of you know of other Manding tales available in English
translation?

Ingse Skattum