[Mansa-l] 6th Int. Conference Program

David Conrad basitigi@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:44:04 -0400

--Apple-Mail-4--774155794

MANSA MEMO to participants in the Sixth International Conference on=20
Mande Studies:

In Newsletter #54 I suggested a January 1 2005 deadline for submission=20=

of panel and paper proposals. However, I hope to leave for Guinea=20
around the middle of December to complete conference arrangements in=20
Conakry and Kankan (I don=92t seem to have any sources of funding this=20=

year, so I=92m not absolutely sure I can do it, but may go at my own=20
expense). Assuming I do that, I will not start putting the final=20
program together until after I return, and could accept proposals until=20=

February 1. In the meantime, it=92s never too early to submit proposals,=20=

and I would be glad to start receiving some anytime from now on, to=20
give me an idea of the sort of things we can plan on.

At this point I can say that Sten Hagberg has indicated tentative plans=20=

to invite papers for a panel on "New Perspectives on Theory and Methods=20=

in History and Anthropology" involving what he refers to as =93Mande=20
lifeworlds and the interface of history and anthropology.=94 I=92ve also=20=

had a very few topical references for papers, but that=92s about it so=20=

far.

In any case, everyone planning to organize panels for the conference=20
ought to start putting out calls for papers.

Thank you all, David

--Apple-Mail-4--774155794

Sixth International Conference on Mande Studies:

In Newsletter #54 I suggested a January 1 2005 deadline for submission
of panel and paper proposals. However, I hope to leave for Guinea
around the middle of December to complete conference arrangements in
Conakry and Kankan (I don=92t seem to have any sources of funding this
year, so I=92m not absolutely sure I can do it, but may go at my own
expense). Assuming I do that, I will not start putting the final
program together until after I return, and could accept proposals
until February 1. In the meantime, it=92s never too early to submit
proposals, and I would be glad to start receiving some anytime from
now on, to give me an idea of the sort of things we can plan on.

At this point I can say that Sten Hagberg has indicated tentative
plans to invite papers for a panel on "New Perspectives on Theory and
Methods in History and Anthropology" involving what he refers to as
=93Mande lifeworlds and the interface of history and anthropology.=94 =
I=92ve
also had a very few topical references for papers, but that=92s about it
so far.

In any case, everyone planning to organize panels for the conference
ought to start putting out calls for papers.

Thank you all, David

</fontfamily>=

--Apple-Mail-4--774155794--