[Mansa-l] Fwd: JOB: Unique Overseas Teaching Opportunity

Stephen Wooten swooten@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:22:13 -0700

--============_-1125407160==_ma============

FYI:

>Unique Overseas Teaching Opportunity
>
>We are an American family currently posted to Bamako, Mali in West
>Africa. We have an 11 year old daughter who is dyslexic. She
>currently attends the American International School of Bamako
>(www.aisbmali.org). For the 2004/5 school year, we are seeking to
>hire a licensed special educator to work with her in her 7th grade
>classroom.
>
>This position involves:
>
>Attending our daughter's academic classes
>Working with teachers to develop appropriate adaptations to curriculum
>Strengthen our daughter's organizational skills, study strategies
>and technological skills
>Provide math instruction
>Facilitate the use of technology in areas of research, transmitting
>ideas, knowledge and written language
>Increase reading level
>

>Though this position is not an official position with the school,
>the Resource Teacher will working closely with the school and will
>be able to take advantage of professional development opportunities
>at the school.
>
>The package includes salary (negotiable based on experience), travel
>to Mali and return (upon completion of contract), health insurance,
>housing support.
>
>If you are interested and hold a teaching license or degree in
>Special Education, contact:
>
>Lynne and Ciro at lynnefranco@yahoo.com
>
>Or Sandy at sandy7787@hotmail.com
>
>When emailing, please write in subject area: Teaching position in Mali
--============_-1125407160==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Fwd: JOB: Unique Overseas Teaching
Teaching Opportunity<br>
</b></font>We are an American family currently posted to Bamako, Mali
in West Africa. We have an 11 year old daughter who is dyslexic. She
currently attends the American International School of Bamako
(www.aisbmali.org). For the 2004/5 school year, we are seeking to hire
a licensed special educator to work with her in her 7th grade
classroom.<br>
This position involves:<br>
<ul>
<li>Attending our daughter's academic classes
<li>Working with teachers to develop appropriate adaptations to
curriculum
<li>Strengthen our daughter's organizational skills, study strategies
and technological skills
<li>Provide math instruction
<li>Facilitate the use of technology in areas of research,
transmitting ideas, knowledge and written language
<li>Increase reading level</ul>
Though this position is not an official position with the school, the
Resource Teacher will working closely with the school and will be able
to take advantage of professional development opportunities at the
school.<br>
The package includes salary (negotiable based on experience), travel
to Mali and return (upon completion of contract), health insurance,
housing support.<br>
If you are interested and hold a teaching license or degree in Special
Education, contact:<br>
Lynne and Ciro at lynnefranco@yahoo.com<br>
Or Sandy at sandy7787@hotmail.com<br>
area: Teaching position in Mali</blockquote>